Recently, I went to a baby shower, housewarming and a bird themed get together. Due to southern hospitality I know to never show up empty handed. Here is what I brought:
Read all about the baby shower here.
Housewarming: My friends Grant and Amanda recently bought a house and had a BBQ. I wasn't sure what they needed and I had never been to their house before so I opted for something general. I bought a glass measuring bowl, slapped on a bow and filled it with cupcake liners, sprinkles, measuring spoons, icing flavoring, and two spoon spatulas. Here is how it turned out:
Bird Themed Party: While exploring/spending all of my money at World Market one day I had the idea to not only wear something bird related but also bring something to the party. But what? Luckily, World Market was doing a big owl themed sale during this time so I figured, why not owl cupcakes?
You will need:
- Yellow Cake Mix: If you're Betty Crocker you can make them from scratch but i am not
- Chocolate Icing
- White Vanilla Icing
- Candy Corn
- Edible Eyes
- 2 Icing Piping Bags
- Bake cupcakes following directions on mix
- When cooled, pipe an upside down "V" on the bottom of the cupcake. This will be used to separate the chocolate icing and the vanilla icing
- Pipe in the rest of the chocolate icing, I then smoothed the icing with a knife
- Pipe the vanilla icing to fill in the upside down "V"
- Cut the yellow section off of the candy corn, set aside
- Place the rest of the candy corn upside down in the middle to create the nose of the owl
- Cut the yellow section of the candy corn, you set aside, in half. Make feet from the two pieces at the bottom of the cupcake
- Add two edible eyes to the chocolate section
- Pipe chocolate ears at the top of the cupcake